17 Danville Road
Kingston, NH 03848
Reach us by Phone: 603-642-3600
Fax us: 603-642-4604
CEEB Code: 300300
A Message from the School Counseling Office
By Director Heidi Leavitt
It has been an exciting summer in the Sanborn Community! As always, the School Counseling staff is eager to continue our work with students and families on personalizing student's education and high school experiences as they work toward career and college readiness.
Please keep your eyes and ears open for important information from the counseling program. The counseling program is continuously sending out information ranging on a variety of topics, such as important events, academic information, and testing details in addition to mental health resources, open houses at various trade schools and colleges, and scholarship information. This information is sent through email and Naviance, resources are also available on the new counseling website and updates will be sent through social media. Be sure to follow our school on Twitter or Facebook! Also, please be sure your most update-to-date email is on file at SRHS so you don't miss out on information; if you are not getting emails, please contact the counseling office. Please note some highlighted 2019-2020 school year counseling program events below. More detailed information will follow.
- Senior College Night for parents and students - September 16th
- SRHS Annual Post-Secondary and College Fair for all Students; Parents and Guardians are Welcome to Attend - September 25th
- Senior Financial Aid Night for Senior Parents/Guardians and Students Oct 3rd
- Freshmen and Sophomore Post-Secondary Planning & College Night for Freshmen and Sophomore Parents/Guardians and Students January 27th
- Junior Post-Secondary Planning & College Night for Junior Parents/Guardians and Students Feb 13th
- Senior Financial Aid Package Review Night for Senior Parents/Guardians and Students March 19th
- PSAT in October for all 9th, 10th and 11th graders; ASVAB in December for all 11th graders and the SAT in the Spring for all 11th graders
Students will receive their schedules in mid-August. Again this year, students will only be able to request changes prior to school starting and during the first 6-day rotation in the schedule. Thus, we ask that you have your student review their course listing when they receive it in August to make sure it meets their individual needs and if changes need to be made they follow the instructions included in the scheduling letter.
We look forward to welcoming students back for the 2019-2020 school year! Enjoy the beautiful summer weather!
Important Counseling Dates for the 2019-2020 School Year
This is just a sampling of the many events to help students and parents with post-secondary planning. More events will be added throughout the year.
||Open House (Meet the Teacher Night)
||Senior College Night
||Financial Aid Night
||9, 10, 11
||College Bound / I Applied Day
||Parent Open House
||Grades 9-10 College Night
||Grade 11 College Night
||Senior Financial Aid Package Review
||SAT Testing (State Test)
Meet The Counseling Team
Heidi Leavitt, Director, School Counseling
Megan Arena, School Counselor
Deirdre Cotter, Administrative Assistant
Michelle Farrar, School Counselor
Amanda Feeney (Fuller), Student Assistance Counselor
Dianne McCarthy, School Counselor
Sandra Woodman, Special Education Counselor
Important College Resources